By accessing this website you are confirming your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions of Use in full and agree to be bound by them. In making payment of the required deposit to secure your Wedding Car hire, date and chauffeur, you are also accepting the Terms & Conditions of Hire and agree to be bound by them.
Design, Text and Images contained within this web site is protected by copyright. All Rights Reserved.
1. QUOTATIONS: Quotations will be in accordance with the details provided and the pricing structure/hire charges in force at the time the enquiry is made. Hire charges upon reservation will be in accordance with the details provided and the pricing structure/hire charges in force at the time the reservation is made regardless of any quotation given prior in response to an enquiry made or any charges shown on our website which have been amended or expired including special offers, Open Day Special Offers and discounted hire charges. If our quotation is accepted and payment of the required deposit met, the reservation and quotation will be guaranteed for a period of 21 days while we await the completed Booking Form. Any amendments/additions to the original itinerary shown on the Booking Form for which we have not quoted will be charged in accordance with the hire charge rate in effect at the time the amendments are made. Significant changes to the original agreed details may result in cancellation of the booking, in which case, a new quotation will be issued and the deposit payment will be carried over to the new booking. Completed and signed Booking Forms not received by 21 days of payment being made may be subject to a revision of the original quotation if hire charges have risen. In either case, should the new quotation not be accepted, the Hirer will forfeit the deposit payment made. Any payment made over and above the required deposit will be refunded. We do not guarantee to be able to accept changes following acceptance of the original agreed hire details.
We reserve the right to adjust the agreed Wedding car hire prices for bookings should we be subject to significant increases in fuel costs. The Hirer accepts that an additional charge may become necessary when booking ahead.
2. ADDITIONAL TIME / MILEAGE TO THE ORIGINAL BOOKING ON THE DAY OF HIRE (no prior arrangement) If we are able to accommodate additional time and mileage, this will be charged at the agreed rate for each vehicle in attendance and any additional mileage incurred will be charged at the rate in force. An extension to the period of hire or extra mileage required will only commence upon immediate payment in full which will be paid in cash to the chauffeur.
The chauffeur will not carry out any additional trips or stop at any locations not included on the agreed Booking Form on the day of Wedding car hire.
An overrun of the agreed hire period may be subject to additional costs.
Any variations to the agreed contract must be agreed with Rowley’s of Kent Ltd, we are unable to guarantee to accommodate variations to the agreed contract whether requested in advance, on the day or during the hire period.
Any amendments made within seven days of the date of hire may be subject to an administration charge.
We will, if requested, offer our opinion on timings. This is offered in good faith. This does not form part of any contract and we do not accept any responsibility for advice, guidance or opinion given which may be inaccurate.
The Hirer must satisfy him/herself and is responsible to ensure that all details provided on the Booking Form are accurate and timings are adequate for the itinerary contained therein.
3. COLLECTIONS FROM HOTELS: If the Hirer or any member of their party is to be collected from a hotel, it is advisable to make themselves available at the requested time. The chauffeur will make his presence known to the hotels reception staff and will provide details of the person(s) to be collected. The chauffeur will not be responsible to search for passengers. If, after an adequate period of waiting the hotel is unable to locate the passengers, and passengers have not made themselves known to the chauffeur, the vehicle will leave. Claims for refunds or compensation will not be accepted.
4. CHANGE OF DATE OF HIRE: If the date of hire is changed after the booking has been accepted and a new date has been set, the deposit will be carried over to the new date. Should the original vehicle not be available on the new date, the Hirer will be informed of the vehicle(s) available. If the available vehicles are not suitable, the Hirer may cancel the reservation of the new date. The deposit will be forfeited and cancellation charges will apply. If the date of hire is to be changed but a new date has not been set, this will be deemed a cancelled booking and cancellation fees will apply and the loss of the deposit paid.
5. BOOKING FORM: A fully completed and signed Booking form by the Hirer must be received within 21 days of making payment of the required reservation deposit. An emailed copy is acceptable once a confirmation email has been sent back to you. A booking form can be posted out to you upon request. Should you submit your booking via email you must get a reply email back from us to confirm your payment and booking has been accepted. In submitting an email booking form you accept that you are bound by our terms and conditions in the same terms as you would be if you posted a signed form.
Note. The reserved vehicle(s) will not be available to any other enquiry during this 21 day period and the quotation will be held. Failure to provide the completed booking form on time may be subject to an increase in the original quotation (see point 1) or cancellation at our discretion of the booking. No refund will be due of the deposit paid. The reservation of any vehicle(s) and quotation given cannot be confirmed in writing until the Booking Form has been received by us electronically or via the post or fax. If Booking Confirmation is not received the Hirer must assume that we have not received the completed Booking Form and therefore, the itinerary contained therein is not confirmed and cannot be carried out by us. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring safe delivery to us of the completed Booking Form within the agreed 21 day period. An email reminder will be sent to the Hirer if the completed and signed Booking Form has not been received by 21 days of payment being made. Should the Hirer wish to cancel the booking within the 21 days or after this time, the deposit paid will be forfeited and the appropriate cancellation fees will apply. If we do not receive a response within a reasonable time, then it may be deemed that the booking is no longer required and may be cancelled.
The Hirer must ensure that Rowley’s of Kent Ltd are fully aware if there is more than one ceremony and full details must be included on the booking form. Two ceremonies are charged extra regardless of their locations.
The vehicle(s) booked will be fully valeted and dressed with ribbons. Silk flower arrangements will be provided if the vehicle has a rear parcel shelf. Chauffeurs will be in appropriate attire. Chauffeurs will perform their duties in a helpful, polite and courteous manner. All bookings will be treated in a helpful, courteous and respectful manner by all staff of Rowley’s of Kent Ltd.
The vehicle(s) will arrive at the collection address as advised. The Hirer must ensure that persons to be conveyed are ready to leave at the agreed Hire Start Time i.e. Departure Time as detailed on the booking agreement. We shall not be responsible for appointments being missed or commencing later than scheduled due to parties departing late or due to any delays or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control en-route to any address’s supplied. Routes to locations/address’s as supplied on our booking form are planned in advance of the hire date and the most direct routes will be taken. Motorways will not be used wherever possible. We are not responsible to have prior knowledge of busy locations, road works, level crossings, traffic lights, events or any incident en-route which may cause delay. Should the Hirer wish an alternative route be taken, this must be advised and agreed ahead of the hire date. The Hirer or any member of their party should not request that the driver deviate from the planned route during the hire period if not previously arranged. The driver will not be obliged to accommodate such a request. We shall not be responsible for any delays or the driver(s) being unfamiliar with the route as a result of a change of the planned route. Any changes to the planned routes will be entirely at the risk of the Hirer.
The ‘Hire Finish Time’ is when the vehicle and its occupants have arrived at the reception venue or final destination. After setting down their passengers, vehicle/s will depart back to base unless requested to remain.
7. ADDITIONAL TRIP IN MAIN BRIDAL VEHICLE: It is accepted that the Hirer has ensured the journey does not exceed the mileage/ time limits to qualify for the minimum additional fee. Additional journeys exceeding the mileage or time limits will be charged as agreed.
The Hirer should ensure that adequate access, turnaround and exit for the vehicle(s) is available at all address’s to be attended. If access, turnaround or exit is restricted in any way, the driver will stop at the closest point available, regardless of distance. Travelling on unmade roads/driveways will be entirely at the discretion of the chauffeur. If the chauffeur has any doubts or concerns regarding conditions of the road/drive, (and this will be worse if it is wet or raining,) and suspects damage may be caused to the vehicle or that the vehicle may become grounded, he will be at liberty to refuse passing over the road or driveway. You should inform us at the time of booking if your road or driveway is unmade. The driver’s decision will be final.
Every effort is made to ensure against damage to, or loss of property of the Hirer or any member of their party or guests travelling in our vehicles. It is the responsibility of The Hirer that any member of their party or their guests to ensure that clothing is kept away from the car body, tyres, exhaust pipes, door shuts, locks and hinges etc. and any vehicle part requiring oil or lubricant. We will not be held responsible for damage to clothing.
The Proprietor will not be liable for damage to, or loss of property, howsoever caused.
8. VEHICLE BREAKDOWN: All our classic wedding vehicles are maintained to the highest standards but we do not guarantee the performance of any vehicle. The Hirer expressly accepts upon booking that the majority of our vehicles are of an age whereby they do not have the benefit of modern technology and precision engineering and therefore there is an increased risk of mechanical failure. The Proprietor is unable to accept liability for delay, breakdown or the withdrawal of vehicle(s) due to circumstances beyond our control, occurring prior to, or within the agreed hire period.
9. VEHICLE BREAKDOWN PRIOR TO THE DATE OF HIRE: The Proprietor reserves the right to supply a substitute vehicle(s) of similar standing if available should such circumstances arise. The Hirer shall be informed as soon as is practical to do so of any problems arising. Should the Hirer reject the substitute Vehicle(s) of similar standing, no refund will be due. The Hirer shall not be entitled to a similar substitute vehicle and a refund. Should the substitute vehicle be of a lower hire value and accepted, the difference will be refunded. If the lower value substitute vehicle is rejected by the Hirer, the Hirer will be entitled to a refund less the deposit. Any substitute vehicle will be at the hire rate current at the time the substitution is made.
10. VEHICLE BREAKDOWN WITHIN THE HIRE PERIOD: Should we experience the total breakdown of a vehicle during the hire period, it is very unlikely that a replacement vehicle can be supplied due to distance and time constraints. Reimbursement will be made at our discretion and will be proportionate taking into account any journeys completed or partly carried out, administration and other expenses already expended.
11. DELAYS WITHIN THE HIRE PERIOD: There can be several reasons why the car may be delayed. This could be due to traffic congestion, road closures, level crossings, accidents, weather etc. All of which are unforeseen and beyond our control. For unknown reasons a vehicle may not start when required to. This may cause a delay. Getting the car going again can vary in the time it will take. The Hirer agrees that a vehicle not starting on demand, resulting in a delay which does not exceed 30 minutes is accepted. Old cars are more likely to experience these glitches which can occur more frequently in warm weather. Unfortunately, this is inherent of old cars and the Hirer expressly accepts this. They DO NOT perform like a modern vehicle. The Hirer accepts that in hiring old vehicles the chance of a temporary glitch causing a delay will be much higher than a modern/new car.
Any delays caused by road or weather problems, as well as a temporary breakdown causing delay, are unforeseen and beyond our control and must be accepted by the Hirer before making a booking. As such, claims for refunds /compensation will not be accepted.
The Hirer, upon the reservation of any vehicle(s) accepts that each of our vehicles is a one off and there is only one of each model available. Should it be necessary to substitute a vehicle, an identical vehicle(s) will not be possible.
At no time we will enter into organizing a taxi company to provide a substitute vehicle as we cannot be responsible for the service they offer, the condition of the vehicle they provide or the professionalism or attire of their staff.
Refunds will be limited to, and shall not exceed monies received by Rowley’s of Kent Ltd.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Rowley’s of Kent Ltd will not be held responsible for delays or cancellations to ceremonies or receptions, missed appointments, or delays on multi-trip sectors if utilizing one car due to clients not departing the collection address at the stated time, traffic congestion, incorrectly advised timings or other circumstances beyond our control.
13. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS: The Hirer expressly accepts upon booking that In the event of weather conditions causing hazardous driving conditions, the following conditions will apply:
a. We are unable to accept responsibility for delays caused by weather and road conditions. Claims for compensation will not be accepted.
b. We are unable to accept responsibility for vehicle breakdown caused by weather and road conditions. Reimbursement will be made at our discretion and will be proportionate taking into account any journeys completed or partly carried out, administration and other expenses already expended. The deposit will not be refunded.
c. The Hirer accepts upon booking that we may be forced to substitute vehicle(s) as booked with vehicles more suited to cope with adverse weather and road conditions. If substitute vehicles are of a lower hire value, the difference will be refunded.
d. We are unable to accept responsibility for the withdrawal of vehicles due to hazardous conditions occurring prior to the hire period. Refunds will be made minus the deposit.
e. We are unable to accept responsibility for the withdrawal of vehicles within the agreed hire period due to hazardous conditions. In the event that all attempts have been made by us to carry out the Hirers itinerary but weather conditions prevent completion of the itinerary, a reimbursement will be made at our discretion and will be proportionate taking into account any journeys completed or partly carried out, administration and other expenses already expended. The deposit will not be refunded.
We shall consider passenger, chauffeur and other road users safety. Safety will always be observed and shall not be compromised. We recommend clients arrange appropriate wedding insurance cover. We advise the Hirer to have in place their own back up travel arrangements for weddings taking place during the winter period in case of weather related problems as extreme weather conditions are considered an unforeseen act of god outside of our control.
14. The Hirer accepts that in-car entertainment such as video, television screens, DVD, light shows etc. is provided as a courtesy and its use and/or availability does not form part of the Hire. In the event that any equipment malfunctions prior to or during the hire, Rowley’s of Kent Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever and no compensation shall be provided in such instances, nor shall we accept any claims for any form of refund.
15. The chauffeur will have the right to refuse entry into any vehicle in his charge to any person who is, or appears to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Any offensive or abusive behaviour directed at the chauffeur and/or the vehicle in his charge by the Hirer, ANY member of the Hirers party or their guests will result in the withdrawal of hire. Any claim for refunds or compensation will not be accepted. The chauffeur’s decision is final.
16. Eating / drinking / smoking is not permitted inside any vehicle. Champagne must not be uncorked inside any vehicle. Red wine is absolutely forbidden inside any vehicle.
17. DAMAGE TO VEHICLE: Any damage, including any soiling of the vehicle interior will be assessed and photographed where possible. Details of the repair/replacement/cleaning and costing’s and any consequential loss of business will be sent in writing to the Hirer. The Hirer will bear the full cost of any damage to the exterior and/or the interior of any vehicle howsoever caused, whether the damage be done by the Hirer or any member of their party or their guests. The amount as detailed will be requested for payment with immediate effect.
18. LUGGAGE & BELONGINGS: The Hirer is responsible to ensure that all belongings are removed from the vehicle at the termination of the hire period. Left items should be collected from our office before disposal within 14 days. Valuables must not be left in the hired vehicle during the ceremony. Items of rubbish, i.e. water bottles, tissues, must be removed from the vehicle at the end of the hire period. At the termination of the hire period the vehicle will not return with left items
19. CONFETTI: Confetti/rice/lavender brought into the vehicle on clothing is accepted. The deliberate throwing of confetti/rice/lavender directly inside the vehicle is prohibited. Any damage to the vehicles interior through wet confetti or excessive confetti/rice/lavender in the radiator grill or inside the vehicle will be the responsibility of the Hirer. Extra time spent on the removal of excessive confetti/rice deliberately thrown inside the vehicle will result in the Hirer being charged for cleaning.
20. EVENING COLLECTIONS: The vehicle(s) will arrive at the agreed time and WILL NOT WAIT. Passengers must be ready to leave at the agreed time. A vehicle can only wait by prior arrangement, time permitting, and will be charged in hourly units or part thereof as specified in our tariff
21. DISCOUNTED RATES/ SPECIAL OFFER RATES Additional conditions may apply to offers and will be clearly displayed alongside the offer. The Hirer should ensure that their particular requirements comply with any additional Terms applicable to the offer before booking. Discounted hire rates applied to a multiple vehicle booking will no longer apply should a vehicle or vehicles be subsequently cancelled. The current hire rates will be applied to the remaining vehicle(s.) Discounted hire rates will no longer apply should the Hirer later make changes to the agreed booking. This will be deemed a cancelled booking and the Hirer will forfeit their deposit. Should the Hirer wish to make a new booking, the deposit will be carried over and the current hire rates will apply. Any shortfall in the deposit must be paid in full.
22. DEPOSIT. Vehicles are not reserved until the required deposit payment in full has been received. The deposit required is to secure the quotation, reservation of a date, vehicle(s) and chauffeur(s). All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The full booking fee is due for bookings made 6 weeks or less prior to the hire date and is non-refundable. Deposit payments can be made by Internet transfer or Cash. Payment of the required deposit signifies your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
Payment of the required deposit does not confirm a booking. A completed booking form, signed by the Hirer, must follow within 21 days. Cancellation fees will apply to cancelled bookings regardless of whether the signed Booking Form has been received.
23. BALANCE PAYMENT. The outstanding balance will be due in full, 6 weeks prior to the date of hire. If paying by cheque, please send early as cleared funds are expected by the due date. Balance payments can be paid at any time but not later than the due by dates. Balance payments not received on time risk cancellation of the booking. The deposit and any payments on account will be non-refundable. Accepted methods of payment include Internet Banking, cheque and cash. The full booking fee is required for bookings made less than 6 weeks before the date of hire.
24. CANCELLATION. The Hirer reserves the right to cancel any booking made. Cancellations must be received in writing from the Hirer. Telephone cancellations are not accepted. We will confirm the cancellation in writing or email. The Hirer must inform us if within 7 days of the date the cancellation is made they have not received our letter or email confirming the cancellation. The Hirer must not assume their cancellation has been received and actioned.
Cancellation fees or outstanding balance payments (whichever is applicable) will automatically be debited from card details on file immediately upon cancellation.
In the event of cancellation the deposit will not be used in lieu of cancellation fees due.
Distance selling: Bookings cancelled within 7 days of payment being made will be subject to an administration charge of £25.00 if the 7 day period has expired, the appropriate cancellation fee will apply.
The Hirer, upon the reservation of a vehicle or vehicles accompanied by the appropriate fee, by telephone, electronic mail, post or in person at our premises, agrees to and accepts our Terms and Conditions of Booking.
25. VIEWING OF VEHICLES. Viewing the vehicles at our private premises is by appointment or at our Open Days/Evening events. You agree and confirm that Rowley’s of Kent Ltd and its employees will not be held liable for damage, accident or other experience to you or any member of your party or your property. That you and all members of your party when attending arranged viewings or Open Day/Evenings, do so entirely at your own risk.
26. COMPLAINTS / CLAIMS. In the unlikely event of a complaint or claim, this must be in writing from the Hirer within 14 days following the date of hire.
27. HIRE CHARGES Rowley’s of Kent Ltd reserve the right to amend our hire charges and rates without prior notice. We reserve the right to amend or terminate any discounted offer(s) without prior notice. We reserve the right to amend our Terms and Conditions of Booking from time to time and any such changes will be available on this website or by post if requested.
28. We are unable to accept bookings from persons under the age of 18 years. Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted in any vehicle. All persons to be carried must remain seated at all times and where seat belts are provided, must be used. Any claim for personal injury sustained due to not wearing seat belts where provided will not be accepted. The Hirer accepts that many of our vehicles are of an age whereby they do not have seat belts fitted. These vehicles, by law, do not require them.
To prepare for all eventualities Rowley’s of Kent Ltd strongly advise Hirers to have in place appropriate Wedding Insurance Cover.